----- Original Message -----
> From: "Christian Flamm" <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 12:04:06 PM
> Subject: Re: [Puppet-dev] ruby-1.9.3 in yum.puppetlabs.com
> 
> Hey Dominic,
> 
> 
> > However I don't see that this has much to do with the original bug,
> > which was more luck than design that it was fixed in 1.9.3... it's not
> > worth investigating 1.9.3 support via packages just to provide a
> > workaround for that issue!  Charlie's last response is spot on.
> >
> 
> Well, it doesn't have much to do with the original bug (Charlie's last
> response is totally clear) but yet at the same time it kind of has ;-)
> 
> I get it - it's a design bug and, yes, I get that it's just a coincidence
> that Ruby 1.9.3 helps me out here. But fragile pure luck or not - it
> *does*help me out (it saves me 10-25sec in ~50% of all puppet runs)! I'm not
> saying the original problem shouldn't need to be fixed - of course it must
> be. But if I'd be able to install the puppet packages from
> yum.puppetlabs.com together with a Ruby version of 1.9.3. AFAIU it would
> help me big time *until the original problem is fixed*.
> 
> But that's just my personal motivation. I guess there are others as well...?

https://github.com/andytinycat/puppet-omnibus problem solved.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Puppet Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/puppet-dev.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to