On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Dustin J. Mitchell <dus...@v.igoro.us>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Andy Parker <a...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> >   * Tier2 code ideally won't live inside the puppet repo at all
> ..
> >   1. create a "modules" directory that is a peer of "lib" in the puppet
> repo
>
> These seem contradictory..

They are. I'm thinking that the modules directory would live only as long
as it takes to extract them out in a way that produces reasonable modules
for publishing on the forge. The reason for the modules step is so that we
can keep shipping a working system as the work is going on without having
to keep the changes on a long lived branch.

The contradiction is resolved after we complete the final step "After that
is all in place (or just after the first one plumbs in all of the
functionality) I think we can then start moving things off to the forge and
pulling them in a different way."

> Dustin

Andrew Parker
a...@puppetlabs.com
Freenode: zaphod42
Twitter: @aparker42
Software Developer

*Join us at PuppetConf 2014, September 23-24 in San Francisco*