----- Original Message -----

Every time I try to play with the puppet aws resources I end up wanting
to reference data in other resources and cant.

    resource "aws_instance" "web" {  .... }

    resource "aws_elb" "myapp" {
      instances = ["${aws_instance.web.id}"]
    }

I do not think you can do this with the Puppet resources - couldn't when
I last looked but something could have changed as it's been a while

This is quite a common pattern with AWS since the stuff is very inter
connected and cross referenced.

Is there a solution with the puppet modules for this?