On 12/03/09 17:31, barrowkwan wrote:
> very nice explanation in your blog.  Thanks!
>
> I am a bit confused.   sometime it said the patch is on 0.25 but
> sometimes it said 0.24.8, so which version/release will have this
> fix?  this problem really hurt our system... :(

Are you talking about the fix for the bug #1469?
If yes, it will be in 0.25 only (it would be very difficult to backport
it as it was possible to implement it for 0.25 because Luke did a huge
refactor of the file type).

Note, that this bug improves the situation only if your file{} resource
has the source attribute (downloading files from the puppetmaster).

In your case, I think using checksum => undef should be enough to
tremendously speed-up this operation.

[snipped original discussion]
--
Brice Figureau