Arnau Bria schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> More test....
>
> I had a class which creates 250 users, If I comment it, puppet is able
> to run in 188 nodes at once with no problem.
> so, definitely, scalability issues comes from code.
>
> anyway, if someone could give me some tips on the OT will be appreciate.

Compiling the manifest is the single most resource-intensive operation
the puppetmaster has to do. Therefore it is not recommended to have all
clients hit the server at the same time. A more realistic measurement
would be to use splay and see how far you can reduce the runinterval.
That way you can spread out the load and still get fast turn-around times.

For maximum performance you want to avoid any file-server operations
(file.source with puppet://, filebucket to server}, set the
catalog_format to marshal on the client, don't use reports, don't use
storeconfigs and use the most recent available version of puppet (0.24.8
or even the 0.25 beta).

Regards, DavidS
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

        FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg