Arnau Bria schrieb:
>> Therefore it is not recommended to have all clients hit the server at
>> the same time.
> I know, but we're trying to see if we can use puppet for immediate
> changes (I know puppet is not designed for that, for we'd like to test
> it).

Use the method I described in my earlier message to find the "sweet"
spot of your setup. Then you know (and can repeatedly measure) how long
an "immediate" application of your change will take.

Most likely you'll be faster if you don't hammer your puppetmaster by
starting all clients at the same time.

>> For maximum performance you want to avoid any file-server operations
>> (file.source with puppet://, filebucket to server},
> I was thinking on implement an rsync in same puppet server and do a
> rsync Exec...

Or use NFS or a local checkout of some VCS.

>> set the  catalog_format to marshal on the client,
> what diff are there between marshal and yaml? I mean, do I lose
> information? reports ?

AFAIK marshal is equivalent to yaml, only faster and not backwards
compatible.

>> don't use reports,
> Wow... I use Gridview and we really like it... but maybe we could live
> without it and adding some nagios sensors.

To send a report, another call to the server has to be done. That's more
work for the server.

Regards, DavidS

--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

        FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg