On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:57 AM, David Schmitt<da...@dasz.at> wrote:

> Asif Iqbal wrote:
>> So I think I should start small and simple and it may grow to a
>> solution that will be really useful to others.
>>
>> Lets start w/ real basic.
>>
>> I have 300 hosts. I like a push a user to about 100 hosts (dns
>> resolver type hosts) out of 300 total.
>>
>> How do I set that up within puppet ?
>
> The very simplest stuff:
>
> | node "dns1", ..., "dns100" {
> |       user { "foo": ... }
> | }

I tried to expand on it and I have setup a recipe which is not really
working yet

node basenode {
     $userlist = [ "user1", "user2", "user3", .. , "user50" ]
     $passwd = [ "hashkey1", "hashkey2", .. , "hashkey50" ]
     $fullname = [ "fname1 lname1", "fname2 lname2",... , "fname50 lname50" ]
     $uids = [ "101", "102", ... , "150" ]
        user { $userlist:
                ensure => "present",
                uid     => $uids,
                gid => "1",
                comment => $fullname,
                home => "/export/home/$userlist",
                password => $passwd,
                shell => "/bin/bash",
                managehome => "true",

node "node01" inherits basenode {}
node "node100" inherits basenode {}

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu