Hi,

David Schmitt wrote:

> * Environments and the workflow surrounding them
>
> There is already UsingMultipleEnvironments, which has all the technical
> stuff. Perhaps a few sentences about how to use the production, testing,
> and development environment.

I sketched a schema describing the use of multiple environments and git
submodules for Puppet development.

It's available on the wiki both in both OpenOffice Draw format and PDF.

http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/attachment/wiki/PuppetVersionControl/puppetmaster-git-submodules.odg

http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/attachment/wiki/PuppetVersionControl/puppetmaster-git-submodules.pdf

I'll be glad if it could be useful for the best practices. It currently
relies heavily on git features, but it's probably doable to sketch
something similar with other versionning tools.

François