On 2/9/10 9:57 AM, Michael DeHaan wrote:
If there is such a percieved lack of interest, this is something I would like
to rectify.   (Also
don't miscontrue an inability to implement RFEs with a lack of interest... the
phrase "patches
accepted" is often thrown around but exists for a reason, right?)

I have submitted a pull request for a feature, and have at least two tickets to the dashboard's redmine project. Currently there are something like 8 open bugs, none of which have even been reviewed. :(

That all being said, the past is just that.   A seperate list for dashboard
discussion and
development probably makes sense so we can get this going in higher gear.

OK by me, if the demand is there. Although given the volume of traffic in Redmine for it, I don't know that there is just yet...? Have no idea how many people use it.

While it mainly serves external nodes now, there are a lot of interesting
places it can go -- and
we would definitely like everyone's ideas on that.

--Michael

...so in the mean time I have forked the project on Github and fix what I can. I've added a handful of Rake tasks to add/modify nodes, prune reports, etc. Very useful stuff if you're maintaining a decent number of hosts, IMO! (I currently have ~400, but that will grow by 10x or more in a couple months.)

BTW, I'm working on setting up partitions for the reports table to make it way
more
scalable (doing a select * on 30k rows just sucks, and I plan to have ~7M at
any given time).

Also will be changing the schema to add indexes where necessary.

So right now if anyone wants to use my fixes/changes they have to clone my
repo. Bummer!

-scott