Geoff Crompton <geo...@trinity.unimelb.edu.au> writes:

> This might be a crazy idea, but it just popped into my head, and I
> wanted to know if it's possible. Perhaps not possible right now, but
> possible in a theoretical sense.
>
> Is it possible that puppet could be modified to be used to manage
> switches that have a command line based interface?

I think there's a lot of value in configuration management system for
network stuff. Though I don't think puppet is a good fit. Puppet has
lots of types that don't really make sense in that context.

http://www.netomata.com is the most recent thing I've seen in this
space. I'm not sure how far along they are.

seph