On 6/7/2010 2:51 PM, Michael DeHaan wrote:
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:18 AM, Marc Fournier
<marc.fourn...@camptocamp.com>  wrote:
Hello,

My question is this. Are the modules intended to be used with the
author-modulename naming convention? If so, did I do something wrong
or is there something wrong with the camptocamp-apt module that is not
allowing this?

This module was indeed made to be used as "apt" not "camptocamp-apt".
You raise an interesting question, which I'm not sure of the answer...

Should module authors modify their modules to match the forge
namespace ? Or is it expected that users rename modules downloaded from
the forge before using them ?

Does anyone have an idea of right the way to do this ?

Marc

The intent is to have the modules downloaded from the module tool, as
with RPM, though obviously if you grab them via the download button
they can be named whatever they like.

I think the modules should be written so that they assume they are
named after what they are in forge.

(It seems we should be making a better note of that in the
instructions for the module tool.)

Wouldn't that break autoloading, if say the "apache" class is stored in $moduledir/DavidSchmitt-apache ? Or are you suggesting that the class should also be called "DavidSchmitt-apache"?

I can see the benefits of the latter (regarding namespacing and such), but I suspect I should quickly change my moniker on the forge if that's the case :-)

Best Regards, David
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

       FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg