> I would prefer shortname, let puppet fail when there are collisions. Or
> maybe initials could be used for namespacing. ds_apache (tough luck Danielle
> Steel)

Let's think about how the package manager's do it as this is
essentially a (really really primitive) package manager.

Hmm, they don't do it :)   Point.

FWIW, in this case, the download path of the module (from pmt) needs
to be somehow indicated to be "apache" and not "foo-apache", so it's
still a case of needing to know what to save it when downloading
directly from the webapp, right?

And pmt needs to know to name it "apache".

So there's still something that we need to tweak, it seems.

--Michael