On 5/19/2010 5:44 PM, Ken wrote:
I found a github reference to a package that might do it
(http://github.com/camptocamp/puppet-mysql) but I can't understand
what it is, how it works, or even what to do with it.

Hmm. How familiar are you with puppet modules? Not quite clear how
detailed we need to be here :-). Here is a doc that outlines them:
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/modules.html

Ordinarily you would drop this code into your 'module path' (by
default this is often /etc/puppet/modules). This would make it
available then for use in other code/manifests.

Assuming you are already okay with these aspects of puppet - here is
a sample manifest on how to use it for 1 system. I have a fork of
that code (its been around - I'm not even clear who wrote it first -
could have been David Schmidt:
http://git.black.co.at/?p=module-mysql;a=summary) so it may not work
exactly the same :-).

Indeed, the mysql_* types were originially written by me.

Best Regards, David
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

       FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg