On 07/02/2010 04:45 AM, David Schmitt wrote:
On 6/30/2010 1:47 AM, Joe McDonagh wrote:
Also, it would be *huge* to be able to append to vars. Right now I open
fw ports via a variable in the node def like:

$open_tcp_ports = "22,443"

If I could always open 22 in the node def, but += inside classes for
httpd, nfs, etc. things would be nice. I'm guessing this might be a
little difficult because all the variables in the catalog would have to
be assembled before applying the catalog.

Please model your ports as resources:

    fw::port { 20: ensure => open }

Even if this only drops a concat snippet somewhere, this is brings you so much benefits I don't know where to start.

Best Regards, David
This brings nothing to the table for me and means I would have to add a ridiculous amount of puppet code and risk breaking all of production.

--
Joe McDonagh
AIM: YoosingYoonickz