On 7/8/2010 10:33 PM, Joe McDonagh wrote:
On 07/02/2010 04:45 AM, David Schmitt wrote:
On 6/30/2010 1:47 AM, Joe McDonagh wrote:
Also, it would be *huge* to be able to append to vars. Right now I open
fw ports via a variable in the node def like:

$open_tcp_ports = "22,443"

If I could always open 22 in the node def, but += inside classes for
httpd, nfs, etc. things would be nice. I'm guessing this might be a
little difficult because all the variables in the catalog would have to
be assembled before applying the catalog.

Please model your ports as resources:

fw::port { 20: ensure => open }

Even if this only drops a concat snippet somewhere, this is brings you
so much benefits I don't know where to start.

Best Regards, David
This brings nothing to the table for me and means I would have to add a
ridiculous amount of puppet code and risk breaking all of production.

I do not understand why people are so intent on NOT using puppet's resource model to model their resources.

Since I'm not responsible for your manifests, I'd agree to disagree on this.

Best Regards, David
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

       FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg