There's a Google Summer of Code student working on a libvirt module
for us right now.  It's currently alpha stage and only supports Xen
and KVM right now, not OpenVZ, but might be worth following the
progress or contributing to the code or providing feedback.

http://github.com/carlasouza/puppet-virt

Matt