So I got puppet working the way I want in a single client environment.
Now I have a puppetmaster and I'm trying to get it to setup a test VM
Centos box. I started out with the example42 configs and modified them
to fit my environment if that helps any.

I'm running into the following error -
Nov 22 17:09:09 puppet-test puppetd[2342]: Could not retrieve catalog
from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: no such file to load -- mysql
Nov 22 17:09:09 puppet-test puppetd[2342]: Using cached catalog
Nov 22 17:09:09 puppet-test puppetd[2342]: Could not retrieve catalog;
skipping run

Searched for this and found a page that said it could be a possible
yaml issue with my nodes.pp (I'd link but I think the site is offline
for some reason). My nodes.pp is very simplistic so I don't think its
that.

I have stored configs set thin and to use mysql. I checked the
database manually and the puppet db doesn't even have tables in it. Is
this normal for a new install?