On 24 November 2010 23:50, Nigel Kersten <ni...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> I mentioned this in an earlier thread, but here's a dedicated one.
>
> We made a big change between 0.24.x and 0.25.x where we moved from
> XMLRPC to REST.
>
> How do people feel about us dropping all XMLRPC support from 2.7.x,
> such that it only supported Puppet clients 0.25.x and higher?

That depends on the support model (for bug fixes) puppetlabs is
prepared to support.

I'd be inclined to support all recent client releases under a year old
at a minimum. Longer for the real enterprisey conservative shops.
Remember, a fair few places in the UK are still-running-IE-6 shops.

My firm would be happy for a six month release/patch cycle, but we're
not change averse. Others firms I've worked for are.

Gary

--
Gary Law
Email/Chat googletalk/messenger: gary....@gmail.com