Hello List,

I have a Problem with classes wich uses augeas. if augeas is not installed,
The complete catalog will not compile. So I can not install augeas with a
different class. I have to switch off all classes wich uses augeas, until
augeas is installed. I solved this Problem by introducing the variable
$augeas_avail and do a test in my templates with:

if $augeas_avail == 'true' {
        include class_using_augeas
}

If there are new machines, I have to put $augeas_avail manually to 'false',
wait until augeas is installed on every machine and after that set
$augeas_avail to 'true' for running the class_using_augeas.

I would like to use something like:

if defined(augeas) { ...

To automate augeas detection. Is this somehow possible? or what about a fact
to determine if augeas is available or not in standart puppet? My
Clientversion is 0.25.4.

Best regards,

Hubert