I've got a simple local module that I'll be compiling with the puppet
binary. The module's structure is:

modules/ub/
modules/ub/manifests
modules/ub/manifests/init.pp
modules/ub/lib
modules/ub/lib/facter
modules/ub/lib/facter/factery_import.rb

modules/ub/manifests/init.pp is just a placeholder:

class ub {
}

My expectation is that I'd be able to run the puppet binary as follows
and the factery_import.rb script would run

puppet -d --modulepath=modules -e 'include ub'

This does not work though. I can work around it by using export
FACTERLIB=modules/ub/lib/facter but I'd like to avoid that if at all
possible. Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks in advance