On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 15:24, windowsrefund <windowsref...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback. The doc I referred to lives at
> http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/plugins_in_modules.html

Thanks.  I will bug our tech writer in a moment. :)

> I'll certainly try a mv lib plugins to see if it works as expected but
> I'm a little confused when I consider my existing source tree which
> does use the lib directory. Of course, this is client/server stuff
> where the scenario being discussed here is purely local.

I only looked at the client-side behaviour, not the master.  With the
master it depends where that system scans through for pluginsync – it
then sends 'em all to a single directory on the client that is on the
search path in addition to the module directories.

Is your puppet master also an 0.25 series install, or are you using a
2.6 master and 0.25 clients?

Regards,
    Daniel
--