On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 13:24, windowsrefund <windowsref...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the assistance. I dropped a tarball over at
> https://bitbucket.org/windowsrefund/temp/src/31bfb4826c7f/ub2.tar.gz
> after extracting, I'd be able to reproduce the problem with:

[...]

> As for versions, here's what I'm doing:
>
> puppet 0.25.4 (gem)
> facter 1.5.8 (gem)
> ruby 1.8.7 (2010-08-16 patchlevel 302) [x86_64-linux]
> some sort of debianish GNU/Linux OS
>
> Thanks again and let me know if further details are needed.

No, that covers it, actually.  Your problem is that the 0.25.4 series
consult only '.../ub2/plugins/facter/*.rb' for custom facts; the
'.../ub2/lib/facter/*.rb' version didn't come in until later.  (The
2.6 AKA 0.26 series, IIRC, but I have not checked exactly when.)

For backward compatibility the newer clients will fetch from
plugins/facter as well as lib/facter, so the compatible option is to
drop it in there.

Were you working from some documentation on modules on our site?  If
so I would love to know where, because then I can tell our tech writer
to fix it up so that it makes absolutely clear which versions the
various paths work in. :)

Regards,
    Daniel
--