----- Original Message -----
> On 18/01/11 18:12, Nigel Kersten wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Brice Figureau
> > <brice-pup...@daysofwonder.com
> > <mailto:brice-pup...@daysofwonder.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >     On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 18:38 -0800, Nigel Kersten wrote:
> >     > I'm trying to get a feel for the actual use cases for the
> >     > Schedule
> >     > type in Puppet.
> >
> >     Can you elaborate?
> >

> > I've never used them much, people don't talk about them a lot, and I
> > want to get a feel for what people use them for :)
>
> I think this is an under-estimated feature most people don't know
> about.

I tend to avoid since things like making sure apt caches are up to date
can in some cases be considered critical so I'd rather add a cron job for
it rather than rely on a much more complex subsystem to work in order
for this important thing to happen.

so far whenever I thought I'd use schedule I reconsidered cos the things
I wanted to schedule was important, no doubt its sufficient in some cases
but thats been my experience.

--
R.I.Pienaar