> (...or, y'know, write the patch.  We are really happy to accept that
> sort of thing.)

Aaah, I always forget that these sorts of things are easy with
scripted languages:)

Anyway, ticked has been opened as #5936 and feature has been
implemented in here:
https://github.com/bostjan/puppet/tree/feature/master/5936

Can you see it through to final inclusion? For now I am using it as a
patch of my own.

b.