No, because sometimes making the changes causes the error.

For instance, if you are using a File resource to create a file in a read-only
file-system (which isn't possible) the resource will tell you it plans to make
a file when run in noop, and give you no errors.  When not run in noop it will
actually try to make the change and give an error because making the change
didn't work.

Note: This is an untested example.  I haven't actually tried it, but the
general point works.