On 01/24/2011 09:39 PM, R.I.Pienaar wrote:

> [...]

I was under the impression that there was consensus that the semantics
of --test should not be changed, ever, in order not to break scripts out
there in the wild.
Deprecating and loosing --test altogether seems to be less of a problem.

I concur with Patrick in that puppetd --watch is about as misleading as
--test itself. I'd expect such an invocation to allow me to monitor the
regular proceedings of the background agent. It doesn't appear to imply
a forced ad hoc action, much less the cache semantics.

I still favor --manual.

Regards,
Felix