My [master] has :

    report = true
    reports = http, store, xmpp
    pluginsync = true

The [agent] includes:
   report = true
   listen = true
   pluginsync = true

The second agent I tested with also has the same configuration as the
above [agent]

Correct, the xmpp.yaml has all that information.  What I was asking
about the remote client not having mail.yaml is I enabled pluginsync
on the remove client to see if the results would differ and it failed
stating the mail.yaml was missing (locally on the client).  But if the
repots = xmpp is only defined for [master] then should I not include
"pluginsync = true" on the clients?

Thanks
- Trey