On Jun 14, 2:48 pm, Patrick <kc7...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Why not use puppet to decide if Torque should be installed in the first
> place?  Then you can use that logic to decide if the file should be
> created/put in place?

I can't: "torque" is a vital part of the middleware, which needs to be
installed and configured at the time of middleware installation. And n
the other hand, I use Puppet to prepare the environment for the
middleware to be installed (by yaim). After that installation (and
initial configuration), I wanna make sure that "config" file is always
there with correct values.

> 2) Does is matter if you create the file if the package isn't installed?
As I explained above, if the I create the [especially] the directory-
path, yaim will skip a things, thinking it's an upgrade or re-install,
even though installing for first time.

Hope, I've made it a bit clearer now. Cheers!!