Sounds like what you want to do is to create a fact to find out that status
of whether torque is installed or not.

As for the configuration file, without better understanding the contents of
the file, I would in conjunction with the fact do a file resource surrounded
by an if statement that utilizes the fact. If its something that is pretty
much the same across the board except for some values, like host names or
what not, then you could use templates to create the file and keep it that
way.

so for example

if $torque_installed == true {
     file { '/var/torque/mom_priv/config':