I'm psyched... I think I have my boss almost ready to implement Zenoss and
still only see small benefits to using Dashboard.

Craig

On Jun 24, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Don wrote:

> Ok, here's the report processor to send events to Zenoss, based off
> James' Zendesk module.
>
> https://github.com/donjohnson/puppet-zenoss
>
> -Don
> Release Engineer / Toolsmith, VerticalResponse
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Don <auder...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the help off-list, James.
>>
>> here's the stub I'm using to check if the log is error-ful, inside of
>> process():
>>
>>   def process
>>
>>     failure = false
>>
>>     #iterate through each log object and look for failures
>>     self.logs.each do |log|
>>       if log.level.to_s == 'err' || 'alert' || 'emerg' || 'crit'
>>         failure = true
>>       end
>>     end
>>
>>     if failure
>>       Puppet.debug "Creating Zenoss event for failed run on #{self.host}."
>> ###
>>
>> This definitely costs a few more cycles than with 2.6.5+.
>>
>> I'll publish the rest of the Zenoss processor on github tomorrow or Friday.
>>
>> -Don

>>> The issue is that status is only available in the V2 report format in
>>> Puppet 2.6.5 and onwards. Before this you need to check for "err" tags
>>> to find failed runs.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> James Turnbull
>>>
>>> --
>>> James Turnbull
>>> Puppet Labs
>>> 1-503-734-8571
>>>
>>> --

Craig White ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  craig.wh...@ttiltd.com
1.800.869.6908 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ www.ttiassessments.com

Need help communicating between generations at work to achieve your desired
success? Let us help!