Hi Nigel,

here we go...

* all my classes are "included" (I was still using 0.25.x...)
* In my $confdir/manifests/classes/roles I have a very generic class for all
puppet hosts declared as follow:

class role_puppet_common {
$role = "puppet_common"
include common
 include puppet::common
include puppet::user
}

in $confdir/manifests/site.pp I have the following line...

[...]

import "classes/roles/*"

[...]

the weird "Could not find class" problem occurs for class puppet::common

my directory structure is as follow:

$confdir/modules/puppet/
$confdir/modules/puppet/manifests
$confdir/modules/puppet/manifests/init.pp
$confdir/modules/puppet/manifests/classes/
$confdir/modules/puppet/manifests/classes/common.pp

in $confdir/modules/puppet/manifests/init.pp  I have:

import "puppet/classes/*"

and in $confdir/modules/puppet/manifests/classes/common.pp

class puppet::common {

* my modulepath declared in puppet.conf is as follow:

modulepath      = /mnt/puppet/conf/modules:/mnt/puppet/othermodules

where /mnt/puppet/conf is set to $confdir.

That's it!

As I said before, when I downgraded to version 2.6.9 everything worked fine.

Thanks in advance,
Gus

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Nigel Kersten <ni...@puppetlabs.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Gus <gustavosoa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've also noticed this (weird) behaviour. I am planning an (huge)
>> upgrade (from 0.25.x to 2.7.1) in all my puppet's boxes...
>>
>> I've installed puppet's 2.7.1 gem and got a lot of "Could not find
>> class" problem... and everything worked just fine with 0.25.x.
>>
>> So, I decided to uninstall the gem for version 2.7.1 and install
>> puppet version 2.6.9.
>>
>> Everything worked just fine... no weird "Could not find class"
>> problem...
>>
>> am I missing something?
>>

> You need to give us a few more details.
>
> * name of the classes that are failing and succeeding autoloading

* How you're declaring the classes (include vs parameterized class
> declaration)

* the file paths that contain the classes that fail and succeed