On 08/27/2011 08:07 PM, Ramin K wrote:
ruby 1.8.5, released Apr 2006
ruby 1.8.7, released May 2008
ruby 1.9.2, released Oct 2010

Not exactly bleeding edge though I suppose anything released in the
last four years could be considered that when compared to RHEL 5.:-)

FWIW, if you think of the releases as Ruby 1.0.x, 1.5.x, and 2.0.x
respectively the differences in capabilities will make more sense.

For my environment, having puppet agents >= 2.6.4 is the only blocking issue, because I'd like to stay with Debian/Ubuntu packages and so far the most I can get from stable versions are 2.6.2 (the only exception being FreeBSD 8.2 shipping 2.6.7)

Argh... I just can't wait to see the new Dashboard! :D

--
Alexander Fortin
http://about.me/alexanderfortin/