On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:16:45 +0200
Arnau Bria wrote:

> Hi all,
Hi !

I reply myself... maybe it's useful for someone in the future.

> I'm planning to upgrade our server/client to 2.7 and would like to
> completely understand the big change in the dynamic scope deprecation.
>

> It says that 2.7 will issue deprecation warning. Ok, so I've upgraded
> a test server, test node and moved my code there. ran puppet and  no
> warnings. Great!

Warning are logged into puppetmaster log, not at client level.

[...]
> So,i.e, $mcast_ip and $cluster which refer to ganglia module should
> they be renamed to $common::ganglia::mcast_ip and
> $common::ganglia::cluster ?
>
> Cause this is not working and giving a error:
>
> Cannot assign to variables in other namespaces
from: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/language_guide.html

"Qualified variables are read-only — you cannot set a variable’s value
from other class."

so, the var's value must be set inside the class (local scope) or in
the top (outside any class in site.pp).

Cheers,
Arnau