On Feb 10, 11:35 am, Gmoney <greg.caldwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tried all suggestions. The Red Hat Optional channel contains
> rubygems-1.37 ( not 1.8.7 ) , the ruby and ruby-libs are both 1,8.7,
> Guess I have to grab the source and build it myself, I can't seem to
> find rubygems-1.8.7 anywhere.

Why do you assume that the version of the rubygems package available
from one of RedHat's official channels is inappropriate for your
RedHat installation?  There is no particular reason to expect that the
version number of the rubygems package will be the same as the version
number of the ruby package.  If there were, you would expect the
former to be a subpackage of the latter, in which case it would be
named ruby-gems.

John