I appreciate the interest but I don't understand how you can tell me you
don't have any experience with the module but yet know that I'm doing it
wrong. The puppetlabs firewall module does not have classes or anything
else to base a dependency on. I agree, I would rather not use stages, which
is why I originally posted this to see how folks were making it go.

If you do find a way to order rules without stages I'd love to hear about
it.