On Jun 20, 2012, at 1:03 AM, Felix Frank wrote:
> Humm, I believe it's fair to assume that "most people" have some way of
> puppet provisioning that will be able to take care of this configuration
> detail.

Okay, I've worked at 4 different shops using puppet over the last 6 years (one
is a non-profit I work at part time). In not one of those shops was bare-metal
provisioning something I set up (so the following decision was not mine and
never has been) and in every case, the system kickstarts to install puppet rpm,
then uses puppet to configure the rest of the system based on the system name.

This goes back to this funny thing, where people keep saying I should be using
a different configuration management system to handle things outside of puppet.
Should we boot to install cfengine and use that to set up puppet? :p

--
Jo Rhett