Hello all -

For the last few weeks I've been running puppet 2.7.14-2 from the
puppetlabs apt repo. This is on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, x64. Things have
been going great, no issues (at least none related to puppet
itself...).

I upgraded to 2.7.17-1 this morning, again from the official
puppetlabs apt repository, and after doing this, started getting the
following syntax error during puppet agent runs:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
SERVER: Could not parse for environment production: Syntax error at
'-'; expected '}' at
/etc/puppet/manifests/classes/server-classes.pp:36 on node
host.example.com

Initially, I thought that I had pushed a bad config, so I reverted to
a previous known-good commit from my puppet git repo, but saw the same
error. I then down-graded back to 2.7.14-2 and the problem went away.
I looked through the puppet change logs, and didn't see anything that
looked like it should have caused this.

Here are the contents of the file referred to in the error message:

https://gist.github.com/3006908

Do you have any ideas what could be causing this?

Thank you,
Erik