David,
The hiera 1.0 rc packages or the 0.3.0 gem will work with 2.7.x. Hiera
1.0 will work with both Puppet 2.7.x and Puppet 3.x. And to answer
your other question, Hiera 1.0.0rc1 was never publicly released as a
package because a bug was found internally before it released.

Does that help answer your questions?

haus

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 7:10 AM, David <dnblankedel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike-
> Thanks for your announcement. Can you say a bit about where the hiera
> distribution fits into this?
>
> It is a little fuzzy to me during the 2.7/3.x transition which
> version/packages the community is supposed to use with 2.7.x in the
> meantime. The gem version (0.30)?, the one off HEAD in the github repos
> (1.0.0)?, the files in the puppetlabs repos (e.g. 1.0.0.0-01rc3 on
> apt.puppetlabs.com -- and hey, what about hiera-puppet 1.0.0-0.1rc1, where
> does that fit into the picture for the 2.7 branch?)? Thanks for any
> direction you can provide.
>
>        -- dNb

Matthaus Litteken
Release Manager, Puppet Labs