Yeah, I'm saying you probably have a specific mysql module in mind and it
seems the only way that dependency is specific enough is through the
Modulefile.

In my manifest I'd just say "include mysql". There's no mechanism in the
language itself for deciphering between someuser-mysql and someuser2-mysql,
right? It seems the only thing that specifies the difference is the
Modulefile and thus the puppet module tool.

What if I choose someuser1-mysql for mymodule and then I later want another
module on the forge that chose someuser2-mysql as it's dependency? Now if
they don't have similar interfaces (not to mention implementations) I'm
stuck, right?

Thanks
Mark