On 10/9/2012 7:43 AM, Adrian Webb wrote:
Will do.  Thanks!

Do you by any chance know how notifications are generated by providers?
In essence, what tells Puppet that there needs to be a notify?  I was
looking through the vcsrepo git provider code but did not see anything
that looked like it would tell but I am newer to the low level details
of providers.  If you know where I would start I would be happy to
troubleshoot issues with the vcsrepo git provider as they come up.

Thanks,
Adrian

I don't know much about building providers though I've hacked on the vcsrepo a bit. My basic understanding is changes would be a create property and Puppet would generate a notify from it.

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/custom_types.html#properties

Most of my issues have centered around the git provider not pulling from source before trying to apply tags, branches, or revisions, but that looks like it was fixed three weeks ago.

Ramin