Inline

On Monday, 22 October 2012 23:28:03 UTC+2, Brice Figureau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For development questions, feel free to post in puppet-dev :)
>
> You're not the first irritated by those md5 computations taking time.
> That's something I'd like to really optimize since a loooong time.
> That's simple quite difficult.

Damn it, two Google Groups tabs open, for this topic it was intended to go
to puppet-dev :/

> 1: On puppetmaster:
> > For files with "source => 'puppet:///modules...' puppetmaster should
> > already calculate md5 and send it with the catalog.
>
> That's what the static compiler does, if I'm not mistaken. The static
> compiler is part of puppet since 2.7.

Documentation is scarce at best. What I could find, I see that it maintains
another copy of the file in the bucket, which is not the best option (my
usecase, if someone wants even speedier approach, this is the way to go).

b.