On Friday, November 16, 2012 9:05:38 AM UTC-6, jcbollinger wrote:

> [...] If the master does load the node block but does not match it to your
> node, then either the node's certname is not what you think it is, or [...].

One notable possibility along those lines is if your new nodes' ideas of
their own hostnames are unqualified (e.g. "pdlnx-pntp02" instead of
"pdlnx-pntp02.kareoprod.ent").  You should be able to check that via the
'hostname' command.  I think in that in choosing the hostname as certname
by default, Puppet will in such cases use the unqualified name as
certname.  That will not match the fully-qualified node name in your node
declaration.

The reverse is ok, however: if your node's certname is a fully-qualified
name and Puppet does not match the whole thing, then it will attempt to
match the just the local part.

John