On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:14 AM, Matthias Saou <matth...@saou.eu> wrote:

> It looks really nice and clean! I would personally only have a few very
> minor nitpicks :
>
>  * Shouldn't the placeholder files/README.markdown be removed?
>  * Space between class name and parenthesis inconsistency :
>    "class foo(..." vs. "class foo (..."
>  * In the templates, this comment should use single quotes :
>    # Managed by puppet class { "ntp": servers => [ ... ] }
>  * In the el template, this variable isn't in the current scope :
>    <% if @is_virtual == "false" -%>
>    Add a new params variable for it, similar to $panic?
>  * For "real" RHEL, the ntp server hostnames used will be "centos"
>    instead of the original "rhel" ones. I'm not sure this is worth
>    trying to fix, though.
>
> Great work on cleaning up the module!

Good eye!  I've opened
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-ntp/pull/68for these fixes.
I just switched over to scope.lookupvar('::is_virtual')
for that single use rather than make it a parameter as it's coming out of
the box via facter.

If anyone knows the "official" rhel ntp servers then let me know and I'll
distinguish between rhel/centos if anyone cares.  Honestly we'd be better
off just defining a pool from pool.ntp.org as the "standard" set used
everywhere and let people override them rather than carry this list around.
 It's less likely to drift out of date.  I started another email about
unifying the templates so if anyone wants to discuss pools, lets take it
there.