On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:07:59 PM UTC-5, mcd wrote:

> I'm confused at your snippets because they don't seem right. For instance,
> you show:
>
> #log_special::log_vars: "test"
> $log_vars=log_vars,
>
> But that doesn't look syntactically correct... I'm pretty sure that would
> fail to compile.

I think that's ok; Puppet allows bare words as string literals.  The code
declares the default value of class parameter $log_speciall::log_vars to be
the string 'log_vars'.

> Anyway, I think if this really is what your yaml looks like:
>
> log_special::log_vars:
>     a: - 'jklkl'
>        - 'test'
>
> Then in your pp manifest, you'd want to have something like this:
>
> $log_vars = hiera_hash('log_special::log_vars', false)

Well, often you would want to use the ordinary hiera() function rather than
hiera_hash().  The fact that the value is expected to be a hash is not
directly relevant here.

John