I am trying to get puppet to support HPUX better than it does now so it can
manage user accounts properly.  I have already contributed changes to the
HPUX module to change passwords, but writing the rspec at the time was more
hack and guess than any real methodology.  I did read the Learning Rspec
guide. It helped a small bit.  My problem is that I tried to write updates
to handle password expiration and found what should have worked did not.

Not coding daily the rspec drains out of my head faster that I can get it
back in.

I see lots of examples out on the net, but even trying to hack around on
that code to try to get it work is still not doing providing valid test
cases.

Can someone point me to something that will make logical sense to me as
well as how to actually get useful debug info when testing puppet rspec
files against my changes?  I have tried dozens of ways from the net, but I
am just not getting any trace type output to let me know what it found when
it did a test, what was passed to the code block or even much to help me
track down why it is not working.

I can get the Ruby code to do what I want, but cannot submit it without
associated rspec tests.  I would prefer to learn to do it correctly for
when I want to tweak more HPUX specific work and then possibly some AIX as
well.  I really want to get puppet in place to handle all of the non-Linux
boxes, but right now it is not doing it in all cases.

It is not that rspec is that complex, it is the integration into puppet and
having to dig back through tons of code to try to find where everything is
getting fed into the hpux user modules to be able to test. If I coded
regularly I am sure this would be a lot easier :)  I am still trying to
self-teach Ruby and now add in Rspec.

  Thanks!