On 10/30/14 7:45 AM, Georgi Todorov wrote:
Hi group,

We have a VM with 24 E7-8857 v2 @ 3.00GHz cores and 32G of ram (on big
ESX hosts and fast backend) that is our foreman/puppetmaster with the
following tuning params:

Passanger:
   PassengerMaxRequests 10000
   PassengerStatThrottleRate 180
   PassengerMaxRequestQueueSize 300
   PassengerMaxPoolSize 18
   PassengerMinInstances 1
   PassengerHighPerformance on

Puppet masters are CPU limited. I would increase MaxPoolSize until you're consistently using 80% of the CPU available. Do keep an eye on RAM usage as well. You may want to split your master into multiple parts if you're already consuming all the resources on your current hardware.

I wrote about tuning Passenger for Puppet masters here. http://ask.puppetlabs.com/question/13433/how-should-i-tune-passenger-to-run-puppet/

Ramin