On 11/10/2016 6:39 PM, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
I linked the bugreport, not that I care really :)

If you read through the bug report it turns out to be:

a). an xattr issue, not filename size

b). A bug in ceph which assumes that the zfs max xattr size is far smaller than it is.

They're not developing a new filesystem (that is the point after all),

I meant the disk control layer, not the filesystem. And it removes all ability to uses anything but raw disks.

and yes, it performs much better.

Last I saw they were have big regression issues with various IO sizes. Its a long way off.

--
Lindsay Mathieson