[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:08 -0500:
> I should have specified, my clocks are off.  Sorry.  I'll build against
> CVS head now and see what the issue is.  Also, Pete, I have a way of
> reproducing the problem via my netpipe module, I'll get things pulled
> together for that and send it your way hopefully this afternoon.

Great, I'll start on it when you're ready.

> The setup is as follows:
> 6x AMD64 servers.  1x PPC64 client (cross-compiling to 64bit)
> 1 metadata server, which is also one of the 6 AMD64 nodes.

Gack.  Hopefully it'll reproduce itself on x86_64 machines locally,
else I'll have to figure out your universe again.  :)

> What would you recommend for debug output, which flags??  Right now I'm
> doing client and network stuff, which makes for a lot of debug to begin
> with.

One thing you might do is to get the MD server off on its own so its
output (and crashes) do not interfere with the data server.

I like "network" in the debug flags, but that can be quite verbose.
It may be appropriate for figuring out your bizarre hang.

A higher level pair of flags is "client" and "server", respectively
on the client and servers, to see what commands they are doing.

The other flags probably aren't going to help unless we suspect
something else is causing the problem.

                -- Pete