Emmanuel:

I am answering you because Elaine is sick today.

Which version of the operating system are you using?  Are you using the
2.8.6 tarball from our website or have you downloaded a different version
from our subversion repository?

To turn on debugging for the client, assuming you have the kernel module
installed, issue the following command:

cat /proc/sys/pvfs2/debug-help

this produces a list of keywords that can be used to turn on debugging for
either the kernel or the client process.  You will see two lists, one for
the client and one for the kernel.

echo "keyword,keyword..." > /proc/sys/pvfs2/client-debug

this command will turn on debugging in the client process for the code
identified by those keywords.  The output will go to the client's log file,
typically /tmp/pvfs2-client.log.

echo "keyword,keyword..." > /proc/sys/pvfs2/kernel-debug

this command will turn on debugging for the kernel module.  the output goes
into /var/log/messages.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Emmanuel Florac <eflo...@intellique.com>wrote:

> Le Fri, 7 Dec 2012 16:58:39 -0500 vous écriviez:
>
> > Please let me know if this helps with the issue you are seeing
> > through NFS.
> >

> Well, tried it, didn't help. Here are some infos. I strace'd the "ls":
>
> openat(AT_FDCWD, ".",
> O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY|O_CLOEXEC) = 3
> getdents64(3, 0x9eb3d10, 32768)         = -1 EIO (Input/output error)
>
> So "get directory entries" fails, mmh.
>
> On the server side, this appears in the syslog when running ls :
>
> nfsd: non-standard errno: -29
>
> I've digged through the source to find where this -29 comes from. I've
> supposed that it could be -PVFS_EINVAL from ... somewhere, but I'm stuck
> ATM, I thought I've got it but can't find it again right now.
>
> I don't know how to push up the debug level on the pvfs client BTW:
>

> Dec 10 19:24:09 hybrid4 kernel: PVFS: kernel debug mask has been
> modified to "none" (0x00000000)
> Dec 10 19:24:09 hybrid4 kernel: PVFS: client debug mask has been
> modified to "none" (0x00000000)
>
> I've looked through "apps/kernel/linux/pvfs2-client.c" but frankly the
> way getopt is a bit weird, I can't even understand what the parameters
> are supposed to be like.
>
> regards,
> --

Becky Ligon