Hi
I think that what you have to do is add more edit, render and show
actions to the swiki you want to extend (refs I suppose). You can do
this from the Swiki browser, in the actions (page) category. Create
triples of actions showTextX, editTextX, renderTextX, where X is a
number starting from 6 (5 are already there for the refs swikis). You
can copy the body of the actions from showText1, editText1, renderText1
and replace the number in the source code.

However, if you need to create many actions this way it may get a bit
boring.

I wrote some code that generates the action files and the corresponding
meta.xml file. You can give it a try. Is bit ugly but works. :)

Simply change the body of the method generateActions of the class
MetaDataGenerator to your needs and simply do-it:

        | meta |
        meta _ self
                startingFileNumerAt: 1
                actionNumberAt: 6
                inFolder: 'c:\ComSwiki\actions\'.
        15
                timesRepeat: [meta addReadShowEditTriplet].
        meta save

-statingFileNumber is the next available action filename (you can find
this out by looking in the actions folder for the highest number in a
filename - then add one)
-actionNumberAt: is the next available action number (you can find this
out by opening the file meta.xml and finding the highest "id" value -
then add one)
-the actions files will be generated (one for each file) and together
with the corresponding meta.xml file that describes the generated
actions.

If you plan to use this in a swiki that has no actions (your own
sub-swiki of refs). Simply copy this folder inside the folder for that
swiki (e.g. \ComSwiki\swikis\xrefs\actions). In that case your values
for startingFilename is 1 (one) and actionNumber is 6 (you already
inherit the other 5).

If you plan to extends a swiki that has actions you need to:
1- copy the actions to the action folder.
2- Open the generated meta.xml file and copy the content to the end of
the existing meta.xml file (it should be inside the actions folder of
your swiki).

I hope this helps. If not, I could send you a sub-swiki of refs that has
edit/show/render actions up-to 20 (or whatever that you need).

Best regards,
Casco

--
Alejandro Fernandez
Fraunhofer Institut für Integrierte Publikations- und